Sunday, November 27, 2011

KEY WEST

So... My chapter of life as a yachty began and ended in the most southern point of the United States...Key West. The first was a quick 5 hr overnight car ride with my Aunt Peggy full of mojitos and Hemmingway. This time, it was a 12 hr boat ride serving champagne and fancy little foods. Two very different yet cherished experiences.


At 17 knotts our wake made me itching to surf


Since I couldn't spend my thanksgiving with my family I spent it with my favorite color.....


...and...


pineapple turkey table decorations. 
The bosses Thanksgiving good deed was inviting us to join them for the Thanksgiving feast...and quite the feast it was


To keep the kids aboard entertained we made a mural of Ms Alexia for the Thanksgiving decorations


Land hoooe! My first time on land during my last 4 months of stewing...of course it was with three rambunctious kids ages 6-10. We hit up the pirate museum, toy museum, and Ripple's Believe it or Not Museum. And like all miniature boys ive nannied over the years their favorite memories of the day were the torture devices and the spinning optical allusion tunnel from the Ripple's museum...nothing to have to do with the Key's what so ever


Last night in the keys I got to take the kiddos on their first ever sail boat. For me...being back on the open ocean via the power of the wind was reconnecting with my being, for them....it was barbarian. But then again the mate and I got free drinks during the cruise and the kiddos only got free gold fish and soda.





only in key west can you see the sun set over the ocean on the east coast

No comments:

Post a Comment