Tuesday, July 5, 2011

the beginning of the end


still in blissful disbelief 

first and last time lead climbing for some time


Thanks to Welks Resort time share presentation Carrie, Megan, and I shared a comped girls weekend wining, dining, and spa-ing...perfection at its finest

Weekend escape to mexico with the Poole's was the perfect way to relax, laugh over old memories, and fill my belly with the heavenly goodness of carne asada tortas. 

 instant amigo
The spec of a human in the upper center of the picture is little wageman taking the plunge that made me pee a little


My last weeks of West Coast were ideal. Not only did I get a belly ache from my burrito-a-day goal and soaked up my final sunset runs along sunset cliffs and shelter island, but my time with friends sealed the deal.
          -Trev, Megan, Josiah, and I ventured through the dessert hills of Ramona to Cedar Creek Falls where i almost peed my pants watching Trev throw himself off a 60ft cliff into a 10ft deep creek and then erased the memory of dehydration and severe heat with a slice of Julian apple pie and ice cream.
          -Carrie and Greg helped me clean out my cupboards with a creative lentil/veggie curry, bacon wrapped dates, and cocktails...success was had.
          -Chris joined me for my final sail on Mi Corazon. San Diego's June glum took the day off and provided a stunning sunset and star constellations that decorated the sky. The wind picked up and kept us cruising circles around the bay at 6-7 kn till 11:30pm! A family of seals, hoping for a hand out, chased after us and glowing from the red tide.
          -Whit A's Bachelorette party at the Melting Pot down town.
          -BBQ/pool evening in LA with the Poole's, Bibby, Jordan, and Kyle. Fancy margaritas and pimento cheese straight from North Carolina complemented the company perfectly and prepped me for  my next step in my journey to the dirty south itself....

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog. It's a very clever title. Blue & light blue are my favorite colors. I am a fan already. Good job Nat!!
    XOXO,
    Mary P.

    ReplyDelete