Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The 5 senses of DURHAM

SIGHT:
The sun peaking through toy story clouds and flooding upon the field after field of ripe tobacco. Old places admists growth as I stroll down memory lane with those that took part in it.
SMELL:
The fresh cut grass and moist dirt filling my nose as I sneak away for a nap underneath the old twisted magnolia trees that served as my transportation to worlds far away in the mind of a 3 year old.
SOUND:
The laughs and banter of womb friends enjoying an evening reverting back to the good ol days admists their grown-up lives of owning homes, bbqs, and wine drinking.
TASTE:
Buttery biscuits from Neal's in Chapelhill(thanks poole's).
TOUCH:
My tush squeezed into the familiar preschool swing I learned to fly on. Embraces from the many mothers, sisters, and brothers that have known me from birth...I always have a home here!


South of the boarder: a whole new and much preffered boarder crossing experience
tobacco fields


Southern hospitality at its finest: the poole's sent me on a mission to experience the best biscuits in chapelhill. They were about to close when I called for directions but saved me a ziplock bag of heaven to be picked up around back. 
go bulls!!!

Duke chapel: where my parents tied the knot that lead to me...if they had only known what they were in for.

No comments:

Post a Comment